DWCC-CSSSC‘s mandate is to advocate for accessible wireless communications equity for DDBHH Canadians including but not limited to:
- Cost-reasonable accessible wireless data plans for ASL and LSQ users for two-way video calls.
- Accessible industry-wide promotions of wireless services and products.
- Removal of disparities in costs of the same accessible wireless products and services within each company.
- Provision of functional equivalent wireless products and services including wireless applications (apps).
- Accessible wireless emergency services (including emergency alerts and direct text to 911).
- Nationwide public awareness, education and outreach on current accessible wireless and mobile communication products and services.
Updated: December 4, 2022